- Job Title
- HR Generalist
- Job ID
- San Francisco, CA 94103
- Other Location
Come work for a growing Non-Profit that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
At Downtown Streets Team we strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
Downtown Streets Team is committed to creating and working in a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality, multiculturalism and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The HR Generalist will report to the Executive Director – Social Enterprise of DST to provide support in the overall management and HR operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Provides HR administration support, consultation and guidance to managers and staff
- Consults and collaborates with managers in recruitment, interviewing, selection, and onboarding
- Coordinates and facilitates onboarding (including background checks, new hire paperwork processing and new hire orientation)
- Facilitates the resolution of performance management and employee relations issues in conjunction with managers
- Delivers HR related training and provides Organizational Development support to managers and staff
- Maintain safety training and compliance training materials as well as track, schedule and be proficient in relevant city, County and state laws regarding compliance.
- Management of all payroll processes including timesheet creation, distribution, tracking, input into payroll system, adherence to payroll deadlines
- Builds strong working relationships with leaders, managers and staff across DST. Participates in teams across the organization
- Communicates HR related systems and policies to managers. Monitors program effectiveness and participates in continuous improvement of HR systems and processes
- Supports investigations and ensures compliance with employment related legal and policy compliance issues
- Maintain accurate Human Resources records for the organization in all departments. This includes employee recruitment, preparation of paperwork for new hires, new hire orientation, compliance with all state and federal labor laws, update and maintain Employee Handbook, maintaining schedule for employee reviews, contact person for employee issues or complaints, and updating and maintaining current job descriptions for all positions.
- Manage Employee benefits
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in HR or related field required
- Minimum of 1 year of HR relevant experience, 3 years of experience in lieu of degree
- SHRM certification preferred
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work with diverse and/or low-income populations, including those who may be experiencing homelessness, unstable housing, and/or mental illness required
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent listening comprehension, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft programs
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
- Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
- Basic mathematical ability
- DST San Francisco Office
- Moderate noise associated with an open office work environment