Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Registered Nurse - Medical Oncology
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse - Medical Oncology
- Job ID
- Casper, WY
- Other Location
To provide patient/family driven care, the Registered Nurse, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, will deliver treatment with an emphasis on assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of health and when indicated end of life comfort care in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following company and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, Oncology Nursing Society and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel when necessary.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, safe medication administration, mixing, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Updates and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a respectful cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a diploma, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing..
- Passed the NCLEX_RN
- Licensed by the state.
- Bachelor of Science in related field
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.