Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
Technical Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Technical Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Boston, MA
- Other Location
Technical Support Specialist
RxSense is a Boston-based health technology company offering powerful technology solutions built to make prescription drugs more affordable for all. We operate two business units – Enterprise Platform Solutions, which provides turnkey technology services to employers, health plans, and others who wish to administer pharmacy benefits, and Direct to Consumer (DTC), which offers cash pay prescription benefits to people under the consumer brand SingleCare.
Incorporated in 2014, RxSense is one of the fastest growing companies in New England. We are privately held and proud to have been recognized by Fast Company as one of 2020’s Most Innovative Companies, and by Forbes as a 2020 Best Startup Employer. Our CEO and Founder, Rick Bates, was named the EY New England Entrepreneur of the Year award winner in 2018.
Provide support and technical assistance to end-users on a variety of issues. A candidate should be able to troubleshoot problems accurately and efficiently. Perform computer maintenance, upgrades, and new installations while supporting desktops, laptops, and peripheral devices in addition to locally installed and/or cloud-based end-user software applications.
Must be aware of and comply with all aspects of the RxSense Information Security Program and the policies contained therein. Must always understand the importance of maintaining Information Security.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide prompt, high-quality technical support to internal and external customers
· Evaluate and prioritize incoming help desk tickets, telephone calls, and email requests for assistance from remote or office-based colleagues or customers
· Order, configure, deliver (where required), migrate (when required) and support Windows/macOS operating systems, hardware such as desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and other mobile devices to the end user’s satisfaction
· Physically assist various office and equipment moves if needed
· Continue to enforce Information Security policies and IT procedures; report any suspected policy violations
· Always protect all information in any form; assist with end-user awareness and training
· Maintain evidence used for internal controls and collaborate with IS team to ensure compliance with SOC1, SOC2, HIPAA, HITRUST, and ISO 27001 certifications
· Perform hardware repairs, software upgrades, warranty exchanges, etc.
· Maintain an accurate hardware and software inventory
· Identify and escalate anomalies and unresolved issues for resolution
· Document and maintain proven solutions, procedures, and end-user guides
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
· Develop relationships within the team and across departments to encourage cooperation, communication, and respect
· Develop strengths through training, coaching, project assignments, or other means as appropriate
· Recover assets upon employment separations and validate returned items as expected
· Identify any missing process or procedure documentation and be able to close that gap by creating & developing new process/procedure documentation
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to communicate effectively with organizational personnel and clients
· Customer service orientation (e.g., patience, positive customer-friendly attitude, active listening, empathy, professionalism, etc.)
· Adapt easily to rapid changes in requests, processes, and procedures
· Ability to set goals and prioritize tasks
· Uses an objective, logical, rigorous, and detail-oriented approach to work
· Resolves problems promptly, accurately, and in such a way as to prevent future occurrence
· Strong ability to manage multiple responsibilities and competing priorities, constantly reprioritizing based on new information or shifting deadlines
· Maintains confidentiality and uses sound judgment when discussing technical or sensitive matters
· Maintains regular and predictable attendance
· Establishes and maintains effective relationships with those contacted within the line of work
· Strong attitude and desire to learn new technologies.
· Maintain current skills and strive to acquire new technical knowledge based on current industry trends
· Highly motivated self-starter & independent worker who can produce high-level results consistently with minimal supervision
Required Education and Experience:
· Demonstrated success as a level 2 computer support technician
· Ability to diagnose and repair basic hardware problems
· Experience working with Windows, macOS, MS Office and related applications
· Experience working ALL Apple related products including MacBooks
· Basic networking skills to include IP address management
· Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
· Telephony/Unified Communications is a plus
· Knowledge of Google Workspace, JAMF MDM, Microsoft Azure & Intune EndPoint Manager, with fluency preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time and walk short distances.
· The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Personal Protective Equipment may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
· Ability to wear a wireless headset for long periods of time.
· Travel required is less than 30%.
Please note this job description is not meant to provide a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required to perform this job satisfactorily. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.