BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Junior Software Developer
- Job Title
- Junior Software Developer
- Requirement ID
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-Time
Individual must have advanced knowledge and hands-on experience in developing and implementing software programs. This labor competency is responsible to maintain and improve the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Manager. This competency is required to further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. The individual shall recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary. Furthermore, individuals shall be capable/willing to perform the software tasks identified in the position primary responsibilities listed below while working on Government/Contractor software teams.
Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
A. Designs, Develops, and tests software for Command and Control based products.
B. Develops front end and backend of software prototypes, components, and tooling that can be leveraged to speed prototyping process.
a. KR Developers shall embrace and adhere to following development methodologies:
i. Extreme Programming (XP) Practices
iii. Test-Driven Development (TDD)
iv. Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) techniques
C. Helps to design and develop software requirements for multiple Command and Control based products including the software architectures, APIs, frameworks, and libraries.
D. Works with data scientists, UX designers, developers, and product managers to help in composing cohesive and sound software designs that form the basis of scalable Command and Control software solutions.
E. Helps to optimize software designs and architectures to deliver desired performance targets
a. Junior developers shall be maintain a forward-thinking approach in resolving roadblocks presented by current software strategy
F. Stays informed on latest software architectures and trends from design patterns to DevSecOps and systems architecture patterns.
G. Helps in migrating legacy systems to the cloud
· 4 years of non-internship professional Full-Stack Software development experience (Java, Web services, Database, and/or web application development)
· 1 year of experience with DevSecOps tools and processes such as Git, Concourse, GitLabCI, SonarQube, Fortify, and ThreadFix
· 1 year experience with front end frameworks like React or Vue
· 2 years of experience with Extreme Programming practices (Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, CI,CD, etc) [See Section 2.2.1]
· 1 year of experience contributing to software architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of both new and existing systems
· 1 year of experience using container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes Must be eligible to obtain a minimum of a Secret clearance.
· Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· MS in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· 1 year of experience with backend runtimes and frameworks like Node.js, Spring, Spring Boot, Django, Flask, etc.
· 1 year of experience with test mocks
· 1 year of experience with contract testing
· 1 year experience training, upskilling, and/or mentoring engineers Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
· Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4.Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills