BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Senior Software Engineer (Lvl III)
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer (Lvl III)
- Requirement ID
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-Time
Individual must have senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software teams. As a senior engineer, this labor competency is responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to design and update software databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Product Manager.
The individual must have an astute ability in writing test scripts in an agile software development environment with an emphasis on automated test procedures, and continuous integration and continuous delivery of software. The individual shall recommend improvements to existing
software applications as necessary. Furthermore, individuals shall be capable/willing to perform the software tasks identified in the position primary responsibilities while working on Government/Contractor software teams.
Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
A. Responsibilities A - D above (Lvl II - Junior SWE)
B. Optimizes software designs and architectures to deliver desired performance targets and devises tooling and methodologies to profile execution and capture performance metrics.
a. Senior developers shall be proficient in discussing future limitations and a forward-thinking approach in resolving roadblocks presented by current strategy
C. Stays informed on latest software architectures and trends from design patterns to DevSecOps and systems architecture patterns.
D. Aids in making technical decisions in order to migrate legacy systems to the cloud
E. Aids in formulating a strategy on how to achieve rapid prototyping of capabilities.
F. Analyzes and decomposes activities and requirements to software designs that are allocated across systems components/sub-components, classification system levels, etc.
G. Captures, develops, and reports reference architectures and documenting compliance standards.
H. Develops plans, road maps, software design strategies.
I. Is a mentor to other developers regarding troubleshooting techniques, design patterns, and testing strategies.
a. Senior Devs shall be able and willing to provide guidance and constructive feedback to junior developers within their product teams
· Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· In lieu of a BS, 3 years of directly related experience will be considered.
· 6 years of non-internship professional Full-Stack Software development experience (Java, Web services, Database, and/or web application development)
· 2 years of experience with DevSecOps tools and processes such as Git, Concourse, GitLabCI, SonarQube, Fortify, and ThreadFix
· 2 years experience with front end frameworks like React or Vue
· 2 years of experience with Extreme Programming practices (Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, CI/CD, etc) [See Section 2.2.1]
· 2 years of experience contributing to software architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of both new and existing systems
· 1 year of experience using container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes 1 year training, upskilling, and/or mentoring engineers
· Must be eligible to obtain a minimum of a Secret clearance.
· MS in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· 2 years Experience with backend runtimes and frameworks like Node.js, Spring, Spring Boot, Django, Flask, etc.
· 1 year of experience with test mocks
· 1 year of experience with contract testing
· CompTIA Sec+, CMU SEI - Software Assurance Professional Certificate, or CSSLP certification
· Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
· Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4.Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills