- Job Title
- Directional Driller/Locator
- Job ID
- Beaver Dam, WI 53916
- Other Location
Job Title: Directional Driller/Locator
Business Unit: White Construction, a Congruex Company
Reports To: Field Superintendent
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
White Construction, a Congruex Company
Founded in 1995, White Construction Company (WhiteCo) is a self-perform telecom construction company specializing in fiber-to-the-home (“FTTH”), fiber-to-the-premises (“FTTP”) and fiber-optic interconnects/long hauls, while also having strong aerial, splicing and cut-over capabilities. White has an outstanding reputation of providing turn-key design and construction services throughout the Midwest to a Blue-Chip client base.
We are looking for an Underground Construction Directional Driller to join our growing team. The Directional Driller will be responsible for operating the directional drill and/or locating for the rig. We are looking for experienced individuals with knowledge of the construction industry.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· Operate drilling equipment and various other construction equipment.
· Drill and/or locate predetermined path to exit point.
· Assist in potholing.
· Have knowledge of utility depths and placement.
· Possess general knowledge of construction practices and be familiar with equipment.
· Perform duties in standard and high-risk areas.
· When required and if appropriately licensed and authorized, drive or operate construction equipment used on the jobsite to complete daily work assignments.
· Clean and maintain all company vehicles and equipment assigned for use.
· Capable of working in all temperatures and climates.
· Able to perform physical tasks for the entire assigned work shift.
· Other duties may be assigned consistent with job description.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· High school or equivalent education
· Valid Driver’s License, CDL preferred
· Basic computer skills
· At least 1 year of recent experience
· Have experience in drilling/locating in standard and high-risk areas
· Subject to pre-employment drug test, background check, and MVR
· Ability to operate all equipment safely and productively
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with crew, leadership, and clients
· Function effectively as an integral part of a team
· Must be able to meet physical demands of the position
· Work safely in all conditions
· Must be available to travel overnight to various sites as required
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· All work is performed at remote locations; driving and sitting are required.
· All work is outdoors, subject to inclement weather conditions.
· Stand and walk lengthy distances (1+) miles over uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
· Lift and/or move 50 to 150 pounds.
· Non-exempt, Hourly
· $23 - $33/hour (according to experience)
· Eligible for full benefits package, 401(k), and paid holidays.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.