Nurse Care Manager (Telephonic Experienced)
- Job Title
- Nurse Care Manager (Telephonic Experienced)
- Job ID
- Somerville, MA 02144
- Other Location
Founded in 2011 by a physician and engineers from MIT and Harvard, Podimetrics set out on a mission to improve patient lives through early detection and prevention of diabetic foot ulcers, the leading cause of lower-limb amputations. Podimetrics has since evolved to become a rapidly growing virtual care management company with advanced technology and patient-centered services.
Today, Podimetrics teams with and provides solutions to patients, payers, and providers that alleviate the health and financial implications of diabetic foot complications in high-risk populations. We are a mission-driven, financially responsible enterprise that enables patients to stand on their own feet and live more independent and fulfilling lives.
- People First: We care for our people: team, patients, clinicians & health plans, and stockholders.
- Efficacy Through Diversity: We’re committed to advancing and fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where ideas come from people of all backgrounds, gender identification, and race.
- Empathy & Compassion: We seek to understand and take action to improve.
- Respectful Candor: We are direct in communication and work to create an environment where all can share their perspectives without risk of repercussions.
- Active Curiosity: We are deeply curious, always striving to learn more and do better.
- Resourcefulness: We are deliberate in our investment of team and capital, creating opportunities regardless of resources.
- Do the Right Thing: We do the right thing, consistent with our values, even when it is challenging.
- Enjoy the Ride: We are going to have a lot of fun doing it.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Nurse Care Manager plays a critical role in improving patients’ lives by providing wraparound care management services to support patients using the SmartMat in managing their risk of developing diabetic foot ulcers. Using a blend of clinical knowledge and evidence-based practices, critical thinking, and behavior change techniques, care managers support the patient in their journey to optimal health. Primary responsibilities include:
- Deploys a patient-centered approach that provides a superior patient experience.
- Engages patients to actively participate in the Care Management program.
- Conducts clinical assessments with patients to collaboratively set goals and create care plans.
- Provides training and education to the patient regarding the use of the SmartMat, as well as ongoing support and coaching regarding their health.
- Collaborates with care teams and/or customer resources to assure patients have access to all resources available to them for optimal health.
- A result of applying best-practice care management drives outcomes for patients to self-manage, be on their own feet, and lead fulfilling lives.
- Provides feedback and voice-of-the-patient experience to inform program, process, and technology improvements.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Will consider Registered Nurse with a Bachelor degree other than nursing
- Registered Nurse current state licensure with no restrictions
- Minimum of five years of clinical nursing experience
- Managed care experience providing telephonic care management services
- Certified Case Manager certification or an ability to obtain within 2 years of starting position
- Ability to document using care management technology
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Remote monitoring or telehealth experience
- Understanding of and experience applying behavioral change techniques
- Bi-lingual ability
Passion: Possesses a strong conviction to make a difference in peoples’ lives.
Compassion: Meets people where they are in their perspective and demonstrates great care for others.
Communication skills: Articulates written and verbal messages clearly that are easily understood by and inspiring to others.
Interpersonal skills: Establishes rapport quickly. Builds and maintains diverse relationships.
Critical Thinking: Gathers and synthesizes information to reach conclusions and create subsequent plans.
Teamwork: Respects colleagues and works well within and across teams.
Adaptability: Embraces and adjusts quickly to change. Has a drive for and is creative in problem-solving and continuous improvement solutions.
Podimetrics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.