Committed to Culture.
At Benefytt, we seek to create and grow a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion.
We strive to be a leader in those areas and hold our staff, management and business partners to the same high standards.
We expect that all Benefytt team members practice behaviors that seek to optimize our consideration of other's point of view, talents, and capabilities across all teams, functions, and business units.
IT Security Engineer
- Job Title
- IT Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Tampa, FL 33618
- Other Location
IT Security Engineer
Benefytt is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Medical, Dependent Care and Transit/Parking Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
This role is responsible for analyzing current security programs and developing the next generation strategies to ensure data and application security across internal and external systems. In this position, you will be responsible for items such as HITrust, GDPR and other industry security standards. Your ability to analyze systems/processes, find solutions and implement them is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• 3+ years of enterprise class logging, monitoring and working with various SIEM platforms
• Linux server admin experience (ideal to have both Linux and Windows experience)
• Scripting experience - powershell, Python, etc.
• Excellent communication skills & team-player personality
• Design Solutions for Client and partners
• Threat Modeling/Vulnerability risk assessment
• IDS/IPS, authentication/scanning tools
• Wireless security, firewalls, VPN, and network access control.
• GDPR compliance planning and implementation
• HITrust planning and implementation
• Experience within highly regulated environments
• In charge of security review
• Go to person for security designs relating to application architecture
• Making tough security judgement calls in regards to product, development, and DevOps
• Plan and implement security posture ensuring the highest levels of security and compliance
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline plus industry certifications
• Windows and Linux Server operating system experience
• Network Firewall experience
• Experience with network security tools (IPS,IDS, SIEM, etc)
• Demonstrates effective customer service skills
• Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills (email, face to face and over the phone)
• Works with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, maintaining effective working relationships
• Performs under stress, dealing with persons acting under stress
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• Occasionally lift items weighing up to 40 pounds.
Due to the nature of Benefytt Technologies, Inc. needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.