Join Our Team
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Thompson Child & Family Focus is an equal opportunity employer. Thompson Child & Family Focus promotes diversity within the organization to ensure a diverse workforce as well as for accreditation purposes.
Admissions & Billing Coordinator
- Job Title
- Admissions & Billing Coordinator
- Job ID
- Statewide, NC
- Other Location
The Admissions Coordinator’s primary purpose is to manage the daily census in Thompson’s census-driven programs. They are responsible for overseeing the admissions flow, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure admissions are smooth, successful, well-coordinated, well-communicated, and that budgeted census targets are consistently met or exceeded.
- Learn and utilize the organization’s systems (EHR & program specific databases), processes and procedures as instructed
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service to your clients/customers
- Facilitate intake process for clients and guardians
- Display trauma informed practices and principles in your interactions with customers, with peers and with leadership
- Maintain constant communication internally regarding discharges to ensure census
- Work in conjunction with program leaders and AR to ensure documentation, authorizations and billing are complete and timely
- Display a high degree of being open to coaching/feedback regarding performance and areas of improvement
- Contribute to a positive team culture through your actions, attitude, and communication
- Conduct yourself in the highest standards of ethics and integrity while displaying emotional intelligence in your day to day work with customers, peers, and leadership
- Represent the organization internally and externally through your communication and conduct
- Work with communication and marketing team to ensure Thompson’s name is generating new referrals all the time
- Attend community gatherings, meetings, functions, conferences if they’d be beneficial to referral generation
- Other duties as assigned
Position Specifications and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid NC Driver License
- Meet credentialing, licensing, and privileging standards as it pertains to the department
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application software, Excellent written and oral communication skills, highly organized, excellent time management and convincing/persuasive public speaker and communicator.
Thompson Child & Family Focus will require proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a part of the background screening and credentialing process for all applicants.