Case Manager - Marin County
- Job Title
- Case Manager - Marin County
- Job ID
- San Rafael, CA 94901
- Other Location
DST works with unhoused individuals to rebuild their lives, restore their dignity, and end homelessness. Joining DST is the opportunity to help a vulnerable population and work towards creating stronger communities. DST has been serving unhoused neighbors since 2015. Our growing nonprofit operates in 16 California communities.
The Nonprofit Times calls Downtown Streets Team one of the best nonprofits to work for. Our innovative model of social action has been recognized as one of five Evidence-Based Practices in California in 2018. We offer meaningful work alongside compassionate and talented colleagues as well as competitive benefits & salaries. We encourage collaboration, creativity, and continuous learning.
Joining Downtown Streets Team is the opportunity to help a vulnerable population and work towards creating a better, stronger community and city. DST is dynamic, growing, encourages collaboration, creativity and continuous learning. Come take on meaningful work alongside compassionated and talented colleagues!
What we do….
Downtown Streets Team builds Teams that restore dignity, inspire hope, and provide a pathway to recover from homelessness. We remove the barriers that stand in an individual’s way to exit homelessness and welcome them into a community built on the celebration of success.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We thrive as an organization when unique identities, experiences & perspectives are represented; when our culture is inclusive through a commitment to equitably offer everyone what they need to succeed; when our practices inside the company reflect differences that are celebrated and everyone is valued, respected with the ability to reach their full potential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We’re looking for a full-time Case Manager with a focus on housing within the Marin County area. You’ll be working directly with individuals experiencing homelessness, to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency through strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, while managing priorities and workflow. This may include access shelter, housing, medical, legal, financial services and other self-sufficiency goals.
- High school diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent listening comprehension, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft programs
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
- Bilingual (Spanish) ability is a desired
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
- Writing, reading, speaking in English
- Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
- Basic mathematical calculations
Our Marin Office is located at 532 4th Street in downtown San Rafael sandwiched between our adorable residential neighbors and our downtown corridor filled with quaint, family-owned businesses. There is ample free street parking, and we are close to highway 101 and walking distance from the Marin Transit Center.
The wellbeing of our employees is very important to us and we support a healthy work-life balance. The schedule is a regular Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. The job will primarily be performed in the field, with some office hours. Flexibility and local travel is required, dependent upon the needs of the Team Members and work related events such as staff meetings and community events.
- Competitive nonprofit compensation starting at $55,000
- Annual company Cost of Living Increases
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage for employees, with FSA and HAS health plans available
- 401k with up to 6% company match, after one year
- 15 days off PTO, increasing with tenure
- Over 10 paid holidays annually
- Paid company closure for 5 days during a summer
- Paid company closure between Christmas and New Year
- Day off on your birthday
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years, not charging PTO
- Internal growth opportunities
- Access to Professional Development resources and reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)