Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
SENIOR PROJECT LEADER
- Job Title
- SENIOR PROJECT LEADER
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
SENIOR PROJECT LEADER
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 0800-1700
Req # 20059611
The Sr. Project Leader position exists in an effort to provide the system with individuals who are devoted to using data to identify, plan, and execute improvement initiatives throughout the organization to deliver successful results, and spread change across the enterprise. The Sr. Project Leader consistently applies quantitative and qualitative analysis within the framework of an improvement methodology [whether LEAN Six Sigma, DMAIC, PDSA, etc.], coupled with change management strategies to projects. The Sr. Project Leader leads efforts to design new systems and processes well while re-engineering existing processes and systems to improve safety and quality of care; reduce costs while maintaining or improving safety and quality; expand patient or customer satisfaction with the development of new services or innovative ways for providing existing services.
Your Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Healthcare, Business, or a related field
- Active clinical licensure preferred, but not required
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience, including project leadership experience, quality management or data management/analytics.
- Experience in healthcare preferred, but not required.
- Certification in performance improvement [i.e. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Project Management Professional, etc.] required within 18 months of hire
- Ability to work closely with and communicate effectively to department leaders, physicians, and clinical staff about technical and analytical strategies and how they align with clinical process.
- Demonstrated performance in project management, stakeholder management, data analysis and critical thinking to reach logical conclusions and facilitate improvement in cost, quality, or patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities [internal and external], establish a vision for improvement and create a compelling need for change.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise in the role of data management and analysis in systems analysis, performance optimization, risk reduction, and accreditation compliance.
- Maintains, facilitates, directs, and troubleshoots ad hoc reporting activities including both recurring reports and ad hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Ability to generate change through influence rather than authority using a proven framework to direct and accelerate data driven organizational transformation
- Provide workgroups, committees and taskforce with exceptional facilitation, educational and communication skills [both verbal and written]
- Use effective project management techniques to prioritize, charter, scope, and facilitate projects in a way that advance the strategic goals of the organization
- Work independently to complete projects according to agreed-upon project timelines, achieving milestones and deliverables as a part of the plan.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of improvement methodology, using a balance of qualitative and quantitative data in a way that analyzes process capability and uncovers opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of project management and performance improvement methods spanning multiple approaches [including LEAN, DMAIC, PDSA, brainstorming, etc.]
- Advanced use of desktop applications to facilitate project work and performance improvement
- Use proven methods to work more effectively with colleagues, to organize and lead improvement teams, handle crucial conversations and provide strong consultative support when requested.
- Motivate, influence and engage system and entity leaders, staff, and physicians to adopt and execute process improvements
- Work alongside clinical leaders to co-design experiments to test the impact of multiple changes on process outcomes; determine the appropriate scale for tests of change; demonstrate expertise in moving from testing to implementation The building proven changes into the fabric of the organization and holding gains.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops project leader team in principles of accountability, change management, communication, and data management to promote the creation of a high-performing team. Provides leadership, guidance, and direction to project leaders to ensure continued development of every team member