Operations & Administration Coordinator
- Job Title
- Operations & Administration Coordinator
- Job ID
- Oakland, , CA 94607
- Other Location
- 70 WASHINGTON ST STE 320 OAKLAND, CA 94607-3705 US
Junior State of America Foundation (JSAF) was created by and for young people interested in what happens around them - from politics, to how the government works, to making real change in their communities. JSA educates and prepares high school students to be active participants and effective, ethical leaders in our democratic society. The student-led JSA empowers a diverse community of passionate young leaders to learn together, think critically, advocate opinions thoughtfully, respect opposing views and promote the common good.
Since its founding, more than 500,000 students have graduated high school as more active, informed members of their community as a result of their participation in JSA. Participants learn how to engage civilly in political discourse. They cultivate democratic leadership skills, challenge one another to think critically, advocate their own opinions, develop respect for opposing views and learn to rise above self-interest to promote the public good. As a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, JSA is committed to developing a diverse, cross-section of young leaders for a democratic society.
Operations & Administration Coordinator
As JSAF’s newly created Operations & Administration (Ops & Admin) Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work for an organization that is mission-driven. Reporting to the CFO/COO, you will provide administrative support to the CEO, Board Officers and Board Committees, and serve as the administrative link between JSAF staff and its HR services provider (PEO). The Operations & Administrative Coordinator will be expected to coordinate office operations, lead on logistics planning and support for staff meetings and retreats, and support operations for both in-person and virtual JSA programs. This role is ideal for a well-organized, reliable, detail-oriented person who thrives on handling a variety of responsibilities and who can respond nimbly to unforeseen operations and administrative needs, all while maintaining a positive attitude toward their work and colleagues.
- With direction from the CEO, prepare and distribute Board meeting invitations, slide deck and documents, and respond to Board member questions about logistics of Board meetings
- Hold primary responsibility for the logistics planning and technical support for all Board and Board Committee meetings
- Take minutes at Board, Trustee & Committee meetings, distribute those minutes for approval according to established procedures, and archive all Board documents in an organized, accessible manner.
- In cooperation with JSAF’s PEO and with approval from the CFO/COO, revise, update as needed, and distribute staff manuals.
- With guidance from the CFO/COO, design, implement and deliver a welcoming, informative and effective onboarding experience for all new JSAF staff.
- Provide technical support for staff meetings, and logistical support for staff retreats
- Coordinate the logistics of the post-pandemic return of JSAF staff to its Oakland office
- Ensure and maintain a healthy physical working environment in the JSAF office
- Identify physical working locations outside of their home for JSAF staff who work remotely, as requested
- Provide ergonomic guidelines for all staff who work from home
- Support the Programs team in identifying and reserving facilities for in-person JSA student events
- Demonstrated proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and respond to an organization’s urgent operational and/or administrative needs
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Consistent attention to detail, and respect for confidentiality
- Ability to be self-motivated, think strategically and handle multiple tasks with grace
- Conversational Spanish a plus
Junior State of America Foundation values our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation of $45K-$63K annually, along with a generous benefit package including employer paid healthcare, paid time off, employer contribution to the retirement plan and some remote working is possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.