Pole Setting Apprentice
- Job Title
- Pole Setting Apprentice
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
Pole Setting Apprentice
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
As an Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for the safe operation of one of our digger trucks. You'll operate equipment such as pole setting trucks and line related equipment in accordance with all company safety policies. In this position, you'll be working around energized lines and equipment, preparing records and reports, and interpret work from sketches and diagrams.
This position will have travel required throughout New England in the Northeast region frequently. You will also be working outside in various weather conditions. Overtime will be required.
Starting pay for this position is $18.39-$20.20/hour, DOE.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training – We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work. –
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Post-dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Prior experience in digging around underground and overhead utilities preferred
• Possess a MA and RI riggers certificate or be able to obtain within 3 months of employment
• Strong communication and organizational ability, with attention to detail and accuracy
• Have a High School Diploma or GED
• Have a DOT Class A license, or be able to obtain this license within 3 months of employment
• Safe driving record required
• Lift heavy materials and equipment up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer