Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
- Job Title
- FINANCIAL ANALYST
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
METHODIST HEALTH SYSTEM
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8-5
Req # 20059877
The Financial Analyst provide assistant to monthly AR schedules preparation and budget.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with major in Accounting or Finance with equivalent job-related experience.
- Work Experience: 3 years' experience with preference for general ledger accounting experience within the healthcare industry
- Advanced Excel, Access, SQL or similar capabilities preferred
- CPA (preferred)
- Computer literacy required (advanced Excel capabilities — lookup, pivot table etc.)
- Must be a team-oriented problem-solver
- Must be able to analyze complex issues, identify relevant facts and communicate problematic resolution both verbally and in writing
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to interface with a multi discipline management staff.
- Ten key by touch
Your Job Responsibilities:
- ACCT- Create several Journal Entries (Reclass and Accrual type ) Monthly
- ACCT- Support the McKesson AP system’s reconciliation with Lawson (Monthly)
- ACCT- Assist in the implementation of Workday, our new ERP
- ACCT- Assist with Performance Manager Reporting Writing to convert Trendstar reports
- Budget — Assist with budgeting tools training sessions at 4 hospitals
- Budget — Prepares volume, revenue and deduction projections for next fiscal year
- Budget — Assist accounting directors prepare and upload actual projected and annualized budgets
- Budget — Coordinate with accounting directors and productivity manager to prepare and spread salary and FICA budgets. Also prepare and upload residents' salary, medical spending budgets
- Budget — Ensure that following areas have accurately prepared and uploaded budgets: special program bonus; other operating, non-operating revenues; managed care, Medicare, Medicaid discounts; sign-on bonus; all other discounts; premium pay and adjusted discharges and adjusted patient days.
- Budget — Prepare and upload price increases and adjust discounts after price increase.
- Budget — Spread all budgets except for z-base accounts as per instructions from accounting directors.
- Budget — Insure upload and spread of orientation, training, agency, interns, externs and census flux budgets.
- Budget — Review next year budgets and make sure all budgets are in Lawson and spread and matched to the board approved numbers.
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named on of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist will soon include 11 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson -- Campus for Continuing Care; and, opening fall 2020 Methodist Midlothian Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
- A 150 Great Places to Work in Health care nine years in a row by Becker's Hospital Review
- Military Friendly Employer
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist