Fund Development Events Manager
- Job Title
- Fund Development Events Manager
- Job ID
- San Francisco, CA 94111
- Other Location
FUND DEVELOPMENT EVENTS MANAGER
Salary Range: $72,117- $74,773
What We Do
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco (Habitat GSF) believes in the power of homeownership to create generational impact. To this end, we build homes for first-time homeowners and sustain homeownership by helping vulnerable homeowners retain their home as an asset for generations to come.
The Events Manager plays a critical role on Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco’s Fund Development team. This position develops strategies, leads, plans, executes, and manages all donor cultivation, donor stewardship, and fundraising events.
This position partners closely with the Fund Development team; marketing, communications, and public relations; and other Habitat GSF colleagues to host best-in-class events that highlight Habitat’s mission to inspire prospects and donors to give while also thanking donors for their impact.
It is an exciting time to join the Fund Development team to support Habitat GSF’s comprehensive Capital Campaign. Habitat GSF’s goal is to raise $70M from private philanthropy sources by June 30, 2027 and the organization has already secured $19M toward this goal. With the campaign and through the generous support of donors, HGSF will double its production of affordable homeownership opportunities.
Fund Development Event Management (85%)
- Create events that elevate the Habitat GSF brand for donors and prospects.
- Lead, plan, and execute all Habitat GSF donor cultivation, donor stewardship, and fundraising events, including Framing the Future annual gala, which secures more than $400,000 annually, CEO briefings, donor stewardship events, and Habitat Young Professionals events. On average, 10 to 20 events of varying size and scope occur each year.
- Support the development of and lead tracking and reporting on event budgets.
- Create and maintain organized event records including budgets, revenue and expense reports, timelines, promotions, and collateral.
- In collaboration with Brand and Marketing Manager and Senior Director of Public Relations, draft and coordinate distribution of all event promotions including invites, emails, social media and other collateral materials.
- Coordinate all event logistics ranging from securing venues and managing contracts, through day of logistics such as audio-visual equipment, food, invitation lists, RSVP tracking, and nametags.
- Partner with Corporate Engagement Officer and Institutional Giving Manager to plan, design, and support sponsorship outreach and recognition for Framing the Future and other signature events.
- Partner with the VP, Development, Director of Annual Giving, and Senior Philanthropy Officer to imagine/create, plan, and implement events for cultivating and stewarding individual donors at varying donor levels including major donors and campaign donors.
Habitat GSF Event Support (10%)
- When schedule allows based on Fund Development Event schedule, support Habitat GSF wide events such as groundbreakings, key ceremonies, and homeowner parties.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
- Perform additional appropriate duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with fundraising and special events.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Salesforce.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage an unpredictable workflow and possess the flexibility to respond thoughtfully and quickly
- Strategic, creative thinker and planner.
- Passion for and commitment to the Habitat for Humanity mission.
- Innovative, creative, strategic and analytical thinker.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and capacity to engage, inspire and persuade.
- Must be able to pass background check(In accordance with state and county law: convictions do not necessarily rule out employment, it depends on the nature and severity of the conviction and is evaluated on a case by case basis, check is conducted on last 7 years only.)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position may begin as remote work and will transition to in-person/in-office work as permitted by the CDC and San Francisco Department of Public Health.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and stand or bend as necessary. Must be able to travel within HGSF’s service area.
. This full-time position offers medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Flex Savings Account (FSA), 403b retirement account, commuter benefits, 20 paid vacation days, 3 front loaded sick days (accrue up to 72 days per year), and 13 paid holidays.
EEO: Habitat Greater San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. Habitat Greater San Francisco strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Habitat GSF receives federal funds through Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP) and is required by federal law, to the greatest extent possible, to provide job training and employment opportunities to Section 3 residents. *Section 3 residents are defined as public housing residents or low-income persons who live in metropolitan area or non-metropolitan counties where HUD-assisted projects are located.