- Job Title
- Dietary Clerk
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital Dietary Clerk are an intelligent bunch that handles the core Nutrition Kitchen responsibilities at the hospital. As a member of this team, you know how to assist the department in the clerical aspects of preparation for patient meal service through accurate menu processing and assists patients with menu selection, all in accordance with departmental/hospital policies and procedures, and applicable local and federal health department standards. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Nutrition Kitchen at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
· Processes Room Service customer orders and menus, including patient/family initiated orders and those patients needing assistance.
· Determines which patients have not placed an order for that meal period, and initiates timely telephone or personal contact as appropriate.
· Processes necessary diet changes.
· Assists patients with telephone call backs or personal visitation as needed while ensuring adherence to all diet orders.
· Coordinates processing of am and pm nourishment orders and prints am and pm nourishment labels.
· Coordinates delivery of all tube feeding and oral supplement orders.
· Utilizes tray tickets/menus to check completed trays for accuracy and provides assistance with tray assembly as needed.
· Maintains all workstations in a neat and organized manner. Performs all work in a safe and sanitary manner.
· Responds and cooperates with changes in workload.
· Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
What do you need?
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Six (6) months of successful related experience or education demonstrating knowledge of normal and modified diets in a healthcare environment preferred.
· Previous computer experience preferred.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills