SCADA Applications Engineer
- Job Title
- SCADA Applications Engineer
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Falcon IT is looking for a senior-level Software Engineer to join a dynamic Washington D.C. team. If you are detail-oriented and have a strong passion for continuous process improvements to expedite high-quality product deployment, apply now!
Key Skills/Experience: Strong SCADA Systems (Iconics, Wonderware, Rockwell, Ignition, etc.) experience, plus hands-on DB (SQL/Oracle) experience creating tables, stored procedures, etc.
How are you successful in this role?
- The Software Engineer shall have experience creating object-oriented applications.
- The Software Engineer shall have experience designing and maintaining relational databases
- The Software Engineer shall have experience designing SCADA applications using Iconics, Wonderware, Rockwell, Ignition, and various SCADA packages
- The Software Engineer shall have experience with OPC communication protocols such as Kepware, Modbus, and Bacnet.
- Candidates with Iconics experience will be considered first.
- Object/class creation and usage.
- An application developer using a mainstream programming language (.NET, Java, etc) would understand these concepts well enough to grasp the Workbench fundamentals.
- Someone with strong tag-based PLC programming might suffice. Rockwell, Omron, Siemens, and other platforms use User Defined Data Types (UDTs). Same concept.
- SQL Server
- A good understanding of databases is required – not necessarily SQL, but preferred. Need to understand tables, stored procedures, and relational database designs.
- Open Platform Communications (OPC)
- Assuming the person has items 1 and 2 covered above, experience with OPC is required. OPC connects Iconics to Kepware, Bacnet, Modbus, etc.
- Someone with decent experience using Rockwell, Wonderware, Ignition, etc would grasp this.
- Experience creating HMI screens and user experience with Rockwell, Wonderware, Ignitions, etc. Iconics preferred.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder