Assistant Distribution Center Manager - Aurora, CO
- Job Title
- Assistant Distribution Center Manager - Aurora, CO
- Job ID
- Aurora, CO 80011
- Other Location
We are hiring an Assistant Distribution Center Manager for Aurora, CO! First Shift (M-F) Pay range $55K - $65K annual salary
Omni Cable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services is looking for a high energy and hands-on Assistant Distribution Center Manager that thrives in a lead by example environment. As the assistant you will work with the local DC manager in managing, directing, hiring, and training a team of employee owners dedicated to processing orders effectively and efficiently in a 5S model.
OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Assistant Distribution Center Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Processing daily orders to ensure 100% customer satisfaction- This is a hands-on job that will require you to multitask multiple priorities throughout the day
- Become the subject matter expert in all facets of the DC operation (receiving, picking, cutting, striping, shipping, and carrier selection) to assist others in performance of their daily assigned duties
- Work closely with our local and national sales team to ensure all customer specific order requirements are met in a timely manner and as promised.
- Assist in employee training and development of staff, ensuring procedures are being adhered to and followed
- Support DC Manager on non-order related work (facilities management, safety, security, equipment maintenance, Inventory control, etc.…)
- Lead team in absence of DC Manager on an as needed basis, including but not limited to team leadership, timeclock requests, and facility maintenance
- Fill role of specific production area when volume dictates
- Open/close facility as needed
- Work is conducted in a warehouse setting.
- Position may be “On Call” as needed for emergencies.
- Ability to lift 50- 75 lbs. repetitively and stand for 75-100% of the workday.
- Other duties as assigned as needed
Assistant Distribution Center Manager Job Requirements:
- Must be comfortable in a production environment; where sense of urgency is high
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills
- Must have strong communication skills and comfortable giving direction to both sales and distribution staff.
- Prior use of RF technology/ computerized WMS systems required
Assistant Distribution Center Manager Preferred Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Distribution, Supply Chain and/or Logistics Certifications
- Military training and/or experience
Besides earning a competitive wage, OmniCable offers these other great benefits:
- Competitive Medical & HSA / Dental / Vision / Prescription Plans
- No-cost Group Term Life / Short & Long Term Disability / AD&D
- 401k Plan with annual discretionary employer contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Fund
- On boarding, Mentorship, & Professional Development Programs
- Various Committee Leadership Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
- OmniCares Charitable Giving & Volunteer Opportunities (supported by the OmniCable Foundation)
- Passionate Support of Work / Life Balance
If interested, apply today or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
- Required Skills
What You’ll Need:
•Must be comfortable in a production environment; where sense of urgency is high
•Must have strong organizational and planning skills
•Must have strong communication skills and comfortable giving direction to both sales and distribution staff.
•Prior use of RF technology/ computerized WMS systems required