Nurse Educator (Part Time)
- Job Title
- Nurse Educator (Part Time)
- Job ID
- Somerville, MA
- Other Location
Podimetrics is a virtual care management company dedicated to preventing diabetic amputations, one of the most debilitating and costly complications of diabetes. Podimetrics earns high engagement rates from patients and allows clinicians to achieve unparalleled outcomes – keeping vulnerable patients healthy at home and saving limbs, lives, and money. Founded in 2011 by a physician and engineers from MIT and Harvard, Podimetrics is headquartered in Somerville, MA, and has a growing team of passionate and mission-driven individuals devoted to improving the lives of patients with diabetes everywhere.
1. People First: We care for our people: team, patients, clinicians & health plans, and stockholders.
2. Equity Through Diversity: We commit to fostering an inclusive work environment where ideas come from all people to best meet the diverse needs of those we serve.
3. Empathy & Compassion: We seek to understand and take action to improve.
4. Respectful Candor: We are direct in communication and work to create an environment where all can share their perspectives without risk of repercussions.
5. Active Curiosity: We are deeply curious, always striving to learn more and do better.
6. Resourcefulness: We are deliberate in our investment of team and capital, creating opportunities regardless of resources.
7. Do the Right Thing: We do the right thing, consistent with our values, even when challenging.
8. Enjoy the Ride: We are going to have a lot of fun doing it.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Nurse Educator plays a critical role in assuring the nurse care manager teams are successful in providing wraparound care management services to support patients using the SmartMat in managing their risk of developing diabetic foot ulcers. The Nurse Educator develops and assures delivery of training using various best practice delivery modalities, builds out access to nurse care manager resources, and collaborates with Care Management leadership to drive nurse care manager best practices in serving patients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluates needs and current practices to create training strategies. Designs and delivers training content and resources for Nurse Care Managers.
- Leverages a variety of best practice training delivery modalities for Nurse Care Managers orienting and working remotely.
- Serves as a key resource to Nurse Care Managers and Care Management leaders.
- Collaborates with Care Management leadership to understand results of the clinical, case, and call quality assessments to understand strengths and opportunities for Nurse Care Managers. Coaches and mentors Nurse Care Managers to support professional growth and to advance high-performing teams.
- Establishes, measures, and analyzes key performance indicators for training effectiveness. Leverages results for continuous quality improvements.
- Contributes insights to improve programs, processes, and technology.
- As a result of driving best practice care management through training, coaching, and mentoring, plays a key role in achieving outcomes for patients to self-manage, be on their own feet, and lead fulfilling lives.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registered Nurse current state licensure with no restrictions
- Minimum of five years of clinical nursing experience
- Certified Case Manager certification or an ability to obtain within 2 years of starting position
- Telephonic patient engagement/health management experience
- Understanding of and experience applying behavioral change techniques
- Experience using care management technology for documentation
- Knowledge of relevant tools and resources available to deliver training
- Experience developing and delivering training content
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Managed care experience providing telephonic case management services to patients
- Remote monitoring or telehealth experience
Passion: Possesses a strong conviction to make a difference in peoples’ lives.
Compassion: Meets people where they are in their perspective and demonstrates great care for others.
Communication skills: Articulates written and verbal messages clearly that are easily understood by and inspiring to others.
Interpersonal skills: Establishes rapport quickly. Builds and maintains diverse relationships.
Critical Thinking: Gathers and synthesizes information to reach conclusions and create subsequent plans that make an impact.
Teamwork: Respects colleagues and works well within and across teams. Motivates teams to achieve high performance.
Adaptability: Embraces and adjusts quickly to change. Has a drive for and is creative in problem-solving and continuous improvement solutions.
Podimetrics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.