- Job Title
- Field Engineer
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68105
- Other Location
Hawkins Construction Company builds the most complex industrial, heavy-highway and bridge projects in the state of Nebraska. We provide employees with stability and growth opportunity as one of the largest construction companies in the state. We offer full family medical insurance coverage and a 100% company funded pension for the future of each employee. These benefits are unmatched by our competitors.
With nearly a century of experience, we continue to expand our footprint with various commercial, industrial, heavy-highway and bridge projects while remaining a top competitor. We have deep family roots and organizational values that make Hawkins a great place to work and grow your career.
As a Field Engineer for Hawkins Construction, you will work in the field, assisting Superintendents and Project Managers with day-to-day operations. You will make a direct impact on the successful completion of construction projects through schedule and drawing updates, change orders, submittals, and equipment and labor tracking. Hawkins Construction always looks to promote individuals from within our organization and this position has excellent potential for upward mobility for the right individual.
· Update drawings, schedules, as-built’s, initiate RFI’s, Change Orders, and WCD’s for heavy highway, bridge, and Industrial construction
· Provide thorough documentation of project (equipment and labor hours, inventories, deliveries, crane and rigging logs, SWPPP reporting, and others as needed) to stakeholders, Project Managers, and Superintendents.
· Streamline communication between Project Manager and Superintendent to create an efficient and collaborative environment with a strong knowledge of project specs.
· Assist teams with various tasks that can involve hands-on support, operation of power tools, and loading/unloading of materials or equipment.
· Demonstrate best safety practices while working in high traffic areas, lifting various objects up to 50lbs, and working in all-weather elements.
- A background or degree in construction management or engineering is preferred.
- A clean driving record is required
- SWPPP Certification is beneficial
- Experience and knowledge with total stations, eye-level, and transit is preferred
Our benefits package offers full medical insurance with a generous retirement plan for each employee. Compensation and incentives are very competitive and based on experience. We also provide our employees with a culture where hard work is rewarded and recognized. For additional questions on this role, please contact our recruiting team directly at (402) 290-6018 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Enova is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. Enova Group, LLC.. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.