Laboratory - Quality Assurance Manager
- Job Title
- Laboratory - Quality Assurance Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Quality Assurance Manager who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Quality Assurance Manager:
- Designs, edits, implements and maintains the Quality Management Plan, Safety Management Plan, and Education Plan for the laboratory.
- Maintains and participates in Point of Care Management with the laboratory managers and extra-departmental personnel including nurses and technicians.
- In collaboration with the assistant laboratory managers, the laboratory director, and the laboratory manager, designs, implement, monitors, and maintains a laboratory quality control program.
- Monitors quality indicators for each laboratory site and section.
- Prepares monthly QI/PI reports for discussion at the monthly departmental Quality Assurance conference and quarterly presentations at the Hospital Quality Management Committee. Educates and communicates PI/QI and safety information to staff.
- Prepares and recommends the annual budgetary expenditures to the Laboratory Manager for the Core Laboratory Services; reviews and proposes new and/or interim budget requests if new cost-effective methodology becomes available during the fiscal year.
- Develops a process for analyzing non-conforming events (Safety Tracking Tools). Assists Assistant Laboratory Managers in the analysis and solutions. Ensures that all laboratory issues that negatively impact patient care are entered into PSN. Monitors responses in PSN in order to find solutions and prevent errors from occurring in the future.
- Schedules and facilitates regular quality committee meetings.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
A qualified candidate will possess:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (preferred) or Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, or related science.
- Five (5) years of progressive work experience in the Clinical Laboratory experience required.
- ASCP or equivalent certification required.
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift (12-25lbs), climb, stoop, kneel, bend, pull, push, reach, handle, write, type, speak, hear, see (depth perception, color vision), calculate, compare, edit, evaluate, interpret, and organize for extended periods of time.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (preferred) or Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, or related science.
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in the Clinical Laboratory experience required.
ASCP or equivalent certification required.