Customer Service Representative
- Job Title
- Customer Service Representative
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering incoming customer calls, emails, and electronic service tickets, and for contacting outside vendors and internal service providers to order supplies and dispatch service to resolve customer needs and requests.
- Acts as first point of contact for customer issues and demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Answers incoming customer phone calls, emails, and service tickets and takes appropriate action for each request.
- Maintains a professional, polished, courteous and outgoing attitude and appearance.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism with clients and works to establish a positive rapport with every customer interaction.
- Contacts the appropriate service provider to dispatch service for each service ticket or complete a supply order to fulfill the customer request.
- Monitors service level response times and escalates issues before service tickets exceed company response criteria.
- Monitors and manages service tickets in the customer helpdesk application (CA Service Desk) from ticket open to ticket close and issue resolution.
- Follows up contact with the customer during and after resolution to service requests.
- Inputs data into Excel, Service Desk, and Vendor Web Portals.
- Uses company policies to determine if there can be an immediate resolution to a customer issue or if that issue requires managerial input.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates high proficiency computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) able to manipulate data, send and receive email, and access online manuals/diagnostic tools.
- Prior customer service experience. • Ability to problem solve, analyze, and read and comprehend technical information.
- Utilizes strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, executive sponsors, clients, team members, and vendors.
- Ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team to effectively deliver results.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Must have a clean driving record and valid driver's license with the ability to rent a car, if travel is needed
- Ability to work remote, as needed
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors
- Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, noise, mechanical, electrical, fume/odor, chemical, toxic waste, and wet hazards
- Physical effort required: walking, standing, bending, squatting, reaching, lifting and/or carrying objects that may weigh up to 50 lbs.; moderate dexterity and the regular application of basic skills (calculator, keyboard, hand tools, eye/hand coordination); environment may be fast paced and stressful.
- Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, noise, mechanical, electrical, fume/odor, chemical, toxic waste, and wet hazards.
Various immunizations and/or medical testing may be required and will be provided by the company, as a condition of employment for any positions that work on-site regularly in a hospital or medical setting.