Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job ID
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Other Location
Vereco is looking for an A/P Specialist for our corporate office to support our business. This person will be responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions and maintaining contact with staff and vendors and observes confidentiality of company matters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation
- Sort, code, and match invoices
- Enter invoices into the accounting system
- Select invoices for payment based on the due date
- Review and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month-end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Preparation and review of 1099’s at year-end
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma required, Associate's in accounting preferred
- Must have experience with and be proficient with NetSuite or similar software
- Experience working in a healthcare organization or services organization is a plus
- Three plus years of experience required
- Knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting procedures
- Experience working in a multi-site, multiple general ledger environment
- Knowledge of Concur expense reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively take initiative, multi-task competing priorities, and remain focused/organized in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Highly motivated takes ownership and delivers on commitments
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately.
- Positive attitude and team-player
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Desk job in an office environment - sitting at extended periods of time, some bending, lifting (10 lbs.), stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate written or online documentation.
- Involves frequent contact with staff and clients.
- Work may be fast-paced and stressful at times.