- Job Title
- Warehouse Assistant
- Job ID
- North Platte, NE 69101
- Other Location
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for keeping the store supply chain running smoothly and consistently. You’ll pretty much do it all when it comes to managing the inventory…from pulling and filling orders to shipping & receiving products. At times you will work directly with customers to identify their needs and assist with product pick-up and drop off. Having a mechanical aptitude or background is a big plus as you will also inspect product returns and occasionally make hydraulic hoses to specification. The Warehouse Assistant will exhibit excellent customer service skills, good time management and a sense of urgency to serve both internal and external customers who will rely on you to meet their product needs.
- Review order board, work orders and pick tags to determine items to be pulled and distributed. Pulls and sorts items according to established guidelines. Prepare and coordinate items for pick up or shipment.
- Receive and unload daily warehouse shipments verifying items and quantities. Separate, sort and stock inventory.
- Handle customer or technician returns.
- Perform error/audit checks.
- Provides high level of customer service by assisting customers (walk-in/phone) with requests in a timely manner.
- General cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- We are interested in knowing the nuts and bolts of who you are, so tell us about your proud moments and accomplishments that got you to where you are today.
- Tell us about your related experiences and training. Do you have any warehouse experience? Do you have any mechanical knowledge?
- Let us know how your background aligns with this position’s responsibilities.
*If you have any questions prior to applying, please reach out to our Recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-891-7555.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
At NMC, we will provide you with a different set of tools to help you advance your career:
- The People/Culture: You can expect to work with helpful, friendly and collaborative teammates. Our technicians drive our business and they operate in a trusting and flexible environment.
- Flexibility: At the end of the day, our home and families are what is most important. Our managers offer flexibility, so you never have to worry about choosing between work and family.
- Challenge/Opportunity: This is not a production environment. You will find new challenges and a variety of tasks every day. You get to choose your path and how you would like to grow.
- Brand: Our employees take pride in representing the #1 brand in construction equipment. Caterpillar has been rooted in our blood since we were children.
As a Nebraska-based company with more than 80 years in the equipment industry, NMC is focused on providing a comprehensive line of capital equipment solutions to the many industries we serve. Our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture. The NMC team is focused on enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative equipment solutions with a specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC takes pride in cultivating strong relationships with our customers and our talented professionals; these connections cultivate growth and success and they are truly the strength of NMC.
Our Values: Integrity, Relationships, Entrepreneurship, Excellence, Stewardship
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. NMC Group, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.