COVID-19 & CALIFORNIA MANDATE ANNOUNCEMENT - WE'RE OPEN
- Job Title
- Procurement Manager
- Job ID
- Livermore, CA 94551
- Other Location
ACP Composites is looking for an experienced Procurement professional with Composite Experience!
You will be the primary point of contact between suppliers and ACP Composites. This role involves both collaboration with internal resources and external resources. Tasks can vary greatly, assisting with project delivery, site walks, getting order acknowledgements from vendors and making sure they match the PO’s.
Training needs to take place onsite in Livermore, CA but a hybrid schedule of working onsite / remotely will be considered for the right candidate.
- Purchase goods/materials that meet the quantity and the quality expectations of the Company
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with vendors
- Work with all teams to keep everyone informed of project status, duties, and deadlines
- Track inventory and restock material when needed
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products/materials
- Compare available goods/materials with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing
- Maintain project documentation, including correspondence, drawings, specifications, & budget overview
- Coordinate shipping, storage and expediting documentation
- Request and organizing project closeout documentation
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication is a MUST
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks throughout the day; the ability to plan, delegate and evaluate progress towards established goal(s) is essential
- Negotiation: This position is in charge of negotiating vendor contracts and must have the ability understand price points and negotiate effectively
- Problem-solving: Strong problem-solving skills in a ever-changing environment is key to the success of this position
- Computer Savvy: Must be at an intermediate level or above with Microsoft Office; experience with ERP software