Distribution Center Associate / Product Line Lead, Cincinnati, OH
- Job Title
- Distribution Center Associate / Product Line Lead, Cincinnati, OH
- Job ID
- Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Other Location
We’re hiring a Distribution Center Associate / Product Line Lead for our Cincinnati, OH branch.
Omni Cable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To be the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees. We believe in empowering your future!
Currently, we are seeking an experienced distribution center associate/material handler to join our Cincinnati team in this new role. The Product Line lead will be leading every step of the order fulfillment process for our growing Panduit product line. The right individual is someone who is self-motivated, can work independently and is able to multi task throughout the day while maintaining a high level of accuracy and driving efficiency. This role reports into the DC Manager.
As the Product Line Lead, your primary responsibility will be to oversee the order fulfillment cycle of the Panduit business within the branch. Typical responsibilities are as follows:
o Inspect inbound stock for quality, count and type. Ensure purchase order, packing slip and bill of lading for receipt accuracy.
o Processes stock through computer entry while preparing all stock for inventory put-away.
o Handles all discrepancies with Vendor
o Pick customer orders in a timely manner to meet established Service Level Expectations
o Manage back order process
o Packing, pulling, scanning and labeling of shipments for customers
o Weighing and wrapping of skids for shipping, loading delivery trucks
o Select shipping method based on best practices to meet company requirements and customer expectations.
o Perform cycle counts and physical inventories using RF Scanners
Material Handling Equipment (MHE):
o Operate a fork lift / order (cherry) picker for pulling and putting away stock, order processing, loading and unloading trailers.
Other onsite business Operations:
o Based off business needs, candidate will be required to support the other parts of our local distribution workload. This typical revolves around the processing of wire and cable orders which require the use of operating production cutting equipment.
General Housekeeping/ Equipment Maintenance:
o Follow safety standards for specific job including filling out required equipment checklists
o Responsible for keeping Distribution Center clean and organized. Follow strict adherence to 5S Standards of work area.
What You’ll Need:
* 3-5 years of experience in a Pick-Pack-Ship warehouse environment
* Previous experience operating a Forklift and Order (Cherry) Picker desired
* Computer skills:
o RF scanners
o Knowledge with ERP /Warehouse Managements Systems
o Knowledge with UPS WorldShip and FedEx Café systems
* Authorization to work in the United States
* Minimum of 18 years of age
* HS Diploma or equivalent
* Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
* Basic math skills
* High energy, dependability, and teamwork skills
* Effective communication skills
* Ability to bend, twist, lift and stand up to 8 hours a day. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Position may require working overtime or some weekends for additional compensation
* Work is performed in a distribution center environment with fluctuating temperatures
Besides earning a competitive wage, OmniCable offers these other great benefits:
* Competitive Medical / Dental / Prescription Plans
* No-cost medical financing
* No-cost Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
* Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
* 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer match
* Annual Profit Sharing Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Scholarship Fund
* Professional Development
* Flexible Workplace
- Required Skills
•Authorization to work in the United States
• Minimum of 18 years of age
•HS Diploma or equivalent
•Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
•Basic math skills
• High energy, dependability, and teamwork skills
•Effective communication skills
•Ability to bend, twist, lift and stand up to 8 hours a day. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
•Position may require working overtime or some weekends for additional compensation
•Work is performed in a distribution center environment with fluctuating temperatures