Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Job ID
- Boston, MA
- Other Location
RxSense is a Boston-based health technology company offering powerful technology solutions built to make prescription drugs more affordable for all. We operate two business units – Enterprise Platform Solutions (EPS), which provides turnkey technology services to employers, health plans, and others who wish to administer pharmacy benefits, and Direct to Consumer (DTC), which offers cash pay prescription benefits to people under the consumer brand SingleCare.
Incorporated in 2014, RxSense is one of the fastest-growing companies in New England. We are privately held and proud to have been recognized by Fast Company as one of 2020’s Most Innovative Companies, and by Forbes as a 2020 Best Startup Employer. Our CEO and Founder, Rick Bates, was named the EY New England Entrepreneur of the Year award winner in 2018.
RxSense is looking for a Data Engineer to join our dynamic Data and Analytics team.
- Analyze and interpret complex data and provide resolutions to data issues.
- Coordinate with data analyst to validate requirements, perform interviews with users and developers.
- Perform tests and validate data flows and prepare ETL processes according to business requirements.
- Perform ETL tuning and SQL tuning.
- Perform data modeling and schema design, including dimensional and big data modeling.
- Designing and implement a data conversion strategy from legacy to new platforms.
- Perform design validation, reconciliation and error handling in data load processes.
- Design and prepare technical specifications and guidelines including ER diagrams and related documents.
- Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure including S3, SNS, Ec2, CloudWatch and RDS.
- Min 1+ years of experience on Matillion ELT tool and Snowflake Database.
- Min 5+ years of experience with ETL/Data Transformation and one or more related products such as Informatica and SSIS.
- Min 4+ years’ work experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, and logical/physical model design required.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience in building AWS Data Pipelines using Python/Scala, Apache Spark, SparkSQL, S3 Data Lake, Snowflake, Redshift.
- Good to have - Experience with any of the NoSQL datastores such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra.