Careers at Kettering Health
Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular Management, Full-Time Nights
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular Management, Full-Time Nights
- Job ID
- Dayton, OH
- Other Location
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high-quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer-fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world-class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
Kettering Health is currently offering a sign-on bonus program for Full-Time RNs who join our dedicated team for this unit at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio. Our Full-Time Nights position has a $15,000 sign-on bonus. We also have various relocation programs as well.
As a faith-based organization, we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Grandview Medical Center Overview
- Providing care to Dayton and surrounding communities for over 90 years.
- Over 20 specialties, including orthopedics, heart and vascular, surgery, and trauma services.
- Grandview expanded their Emergency Department as well as their heart & vascular services to include an additional catheterization lab and electrophysiology lab.
- Partners with Gem City Market to provide fresh fruits and vegetables every Tuesday within the hospital.
- One of the largest osteopathic teaching hospitals in the United States.
- 371 bed facility
- Over the past several years, Grandview has received many awards, including:
- Top 100 Hospital
- Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades in 2019.
- Received an “A” from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to patients in all settings in collaboration with other health care providers.
The RN is accountable for his/her own professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law.
Utilizing organizational resources the RN acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities.
The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments.
Applicants Must Have:
Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN, ACEN, or CCNE) if they are a new graduate nurse.
Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred (must be completed within 5 years of hire).
A nurse who is returning to the acute care setting after five or more years may be required to provide evidence of successful completion of a refresher course.
ACLS, NRP, PALS as determined by unit scope of practice