Careers at Vigene Biosciences, A Charles River Company
Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Vigene Biosciences, A Charles River Company, is a rapidly growing company that strives to be a leading manufacturer of viral vectors. We are proud to support researchers at any stage of development: from basic research, to animal studies, to clinical trials and commercialization. Our diverse customer base includes scientists all across the world from academia, government organizations, research institutes, biotechnology companies, and pharmaceutical companies.
We are passionate about our mission to help support scientists advance their biomedical research and ultimately to make gene therapy affordable and available to those in need. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented people to join our team who share our passion. We value our employees as important contributors to our mission, so we provide opportunities for career growth and encourage employees to develop new skills so they can grow with our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vigene Biosciences, A Charles River Company, is an EEO/AA employer. Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your request and contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be acknowledged from this email address. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Floating Holidays and Sick Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care and Commuter/Transit FSA
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun, collaborative environment
Quality Assurance Associate I
- Job Title
- Quality Assurance Associate I
- Rockville, MD 20850
- Other Location
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Director, Quality Assurance
LOCATION: Rockville, MD
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Vigene Biosciences has been a leader at the forefront of cell and gene therapy, Adeno-Associated virus or AAV vector production, adenovirus vector production, lentivirus vector production, retrovirus vector production, plasmid production, viral vector QC and analytical services, plasmid QC and analytical services, providing services and products to support this rapidly growing and increasingly important field
The Quality Assurance Associate I is responsible for performing various tasks within the department of Quality Assurance in accordance with current Good Manufacturing practices (cGMP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with the Vigene Production team for the review of executed Production Records
- Required presence on the floor to support manufacturing
- Review SOPs, logbooks, and other documentation related to daily QA activities
- Perform and assist with internal audits of Vigene’s cGMP operations
- Provide support for external regulatory or partner GMP audits
- Develop and implement enhancements to Vigene’s quality system procedures
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of QA experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Demonstrates integrity and respect
- Delivers results
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Champions change
- Engages and inspires
- Exposure to some hazardous materials
- Standing, sitting, stooping, pulling, pushing, and lifting to 20lbs.
- May be required to work weekends, nights, or be on call as a regular part of the job
- May be required to travel between Rockville sites
- May be required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
Vigene Biosciences, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
We have established multiple policies to protect our employees' health & safety while allowing essential operations to continue following social-distancing & PPE guidelines.
- Required Skills