Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Senior Accountant
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions.
- Maintain multiple general ledgers.
- Review and post monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the month.
- Review detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support management in the review of the monthly operating performance.
- Review and approve invoices received from centers for appropriate approvals, coding, timing, etc.
- Prepare monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
- Assist management, as needed with financial information requests and questions.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections, and quarterly forecasts.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Respond to requests for information from Center Leaders and Executive management.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary.
- College degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 5 – 7 years experience in healthcare financial accounting
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- CPA, MBA or MAcc designation
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.