Senior Buyer - Vertex
- Job Title
- Senior Buyer - Vertex
- Job ID
- Edison, NJ 08837
- Other Location
Vertex is a leading master distributor of industrial fasteners with sales and distribution centers throughout the United States. Specializing in corrosion resistant and specialty alloy inch and metric threaded fasteners, rivets, and hose clamps, Vertex products are used in a broad array of end markets including industrial supply, water and waste water, general manufacturing, power generation, marine, and oil and gas.What You'll Do:
Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement functions for Industrial Fasteners across all locations. He/she is responsible for developing and maintaining a solid working relationship with suppliers. Responsible for supporting company purchasing policies and procedures and assist in maintaining supply inventory levels required for effective company operation. The successful candidate will also be responsible for conducting regular pricing negotiations to ensure that the company is always getting the best value for product that is purchased.
1. Negotiate pricing and delivery with overseas fastener suppliers for 700-1000 SKUs monthly from buy report generated by Director of Purchasing to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
2. Maintain strong relationships with overseas fastener suppliers through regular communication and feedback.
3. Qualify new suppliers ensuring that they meet quality standards and can manufacture and package to meet company specifications.
4. Update monthly KPI reports, as well as create adhoc reports and make recommendations to the business based on report results
5. Work with VP of Sales to manage Mill purchasing, including item maintenance and HTS code assignment.
6. Expedite open purchase orders ensuring on time delivery.
7. Create/maintain supplier scorecards measuring monthly supplier performance.
8. Support sales with expedite requests and container tracking. 3% 9. Train/mentor other buyers on purchasing team.
What You'll Need:
Requires a high level of competency in negotiating price & terms with existing and new overseas fastener suppliers.
Knowledge of international supply chain preferred.
Bachelors degree or higher in supply chain of management or equivalent preferred.
Minimum of 3 years fastener purchasing experience with overseas suppliers required.
401K + Match
- Required Skills
1.Requires a high level of competency in negotiating price & terms with existing and new overseas fastener suppliers. Knowledge of international supply chain preferred.
2. Bachelors degree or higher in supply chain of management or equivalent preferred.
3. Minimum of 3 years fastener purchasing experience with overseas suppliers required.