- Job Title
- Project Engineer
- Job ID
- Des Moines, IA 50322
- Other Location
Founded in 1959, Bishop Engineering continues to be centered on a good work ethic and commitment to providing honest and knowledgeable service to our customers. We take pride in the fact that we have always been located in Urbandale and have had the opportunity to help shape communities in central Iowa through our involvement in various projects over the years. Although a lot has changed since the company’s birth, some things remain the same; Bishop is still dedicated to offering our clients the quality of service needed to attain engineering success.
As a Project Engineer for Bishop Engineering, you will make an impact through your designs and oversight of plans for the full lifecycle of a project. You will work closely with Project Managers, decision makers, and contractors to ensure plans are communicated accurately and efficiently. You will be a key player in the development of central Iowa and how we grow as a community. At Bishop Engineering you will also have opportunities to participate in community entrenchment, philanthropic events, sporting games, and company sponsored family-fun like picnics and canoeing trips.
- Assist with preparation of plans, design, and site evaluation to ensure projects are completed at the highest standard.
- Oversee progress of plans and professionally communicate written and oral updates to Project Managers, engineers, and contractors to ensure projects are on time and accurate.
- Design storm water reports, grading plans, topographical surveys, and plans for subdivision construction and water management projects.
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining the highest level of attention to detail and prioritizing time-sensitive tasks to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- A degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- A Professional Engineering license is strongly encouraged or a path to getting licensed if experience qualification for licensing is not yet met.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
For additional questions on this role, please contact our recruiting team directly at (402) 290-6018 OR firstname.lastname@example.org