- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job ID
- Des Moines, IA 50322
- Other Location
Founded in 1959, Bishop Engineering continues to be centered on a good work ethic and commitment to providing honest and knowledgeable service to our customers. We take pride in the fact that we have always been located in Urbandale and have had the opportunity to help shape communities in central Iowa through our involvement in various projects over the years. Although a lot has changed since the company’s birth, some things remain the same; Bishop is still dedicated to offering our clients the quality of service needed to attain engineering success.
As a Project Manager for Bishop Engineering, you will have the opportunity to utilize your civil engineering knowledge by leading projects from start to finish. You’ll bid projects, work closely with vendors and contractors, and act as a consultant to clients with real-time advice and insight. You will be a key player in the development of central Iowa and how we grow as a community. At Bishop Engineering you will also have opportunities to participate in community entrenchment, philanthropic events,
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Iowa climate, ground and working conditions, and state and city codes, Iowa SUDAS guidelines, and regulations.
- Work closely with internal and external personnel to provide recommendations to facilitate plans, expectations, and forecasting.
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining the highest level of attention to detail and prioritizing time-sensitive tasks to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Provide expertise and leadership in all phases of the development such as project scoping, requirements gathering, analysis, design, construction, testing, quality assurance, and maintenance.
- Lead and support a small team of employees and ensure they have the necessary resources to execute high-quality projects safely, and on time.
- A PE license and degree in Civil Engineering strongly encouraged.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is strongly encouraged.
- Previous experience with subdivision or private land development is required.
- Experience with storm water modeling software is preferred.
For additional questions on this role, please contact our recruiting team directly at (402) 290-6018 OR firstname.lastname@example.org