Centric Fiber is a start-up telecommunications Company that is looking to disrupt the market and provide the fastest most reliable service for Internet and Phone service available. Centric Fiber partners with home builders to install superior fiber infrastructure directly in the ground during beginning phases of development. This means all homes in a community are already hardwired for high-speed fiber internet, without added costs or complications.
WE'VE GOT SOME SWEET GIGS, CHECK 'EM OUT!
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75234
- Other Location
Centric Fiber is a telecommunications Company that is looking to disrupt the market and provide the fastest most reliable service for Cable, Internet, and TV service available. Centric Fiber partners with home builders to install superior fiber infrastructure directly in the ground during beginning phases of development. This means all homes in a community are already hardwired for high-speed fiber internet, without added costs or complications.
The Fiber Splicer is responsible for the terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, installing CPE into customer house, documenting, and testing of all fiber optic cables within the systems fiber optic networks and their related equipment with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency.
- This position will consist of FTTH daytime, but possibility of some night work.
- Fusion splice, terminate and install assortment of fiber optic connectors and enclosures including both loose tube fiber and ribbon fiber up to an 288ct fiber cable.
- Construct a splice case, including but not limited to bounding, slack storage and sealing.
- Must know the fiber optic color code system (Must be able to discern colors).
- Prepare and maintain splicing records, schematics, and diagrams.
- Proficient in using fiber tools and fiber optic test equipment including traffic meters, fusion splicer, power meter, VFL and OTDR.
- Troubleshoot damaged fiber, effectively and efficiently.
- Install and maintain CPE local area networks (LAN) and WiFi networks
- Install and maintain network interface devices (NID) and Optical Network Terminals (ONT)
- Perform skilled troubleshooting from the MDF to the demarcation point including CPE
- Respond to trouble tickets within acceptable company timeframe standards
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and major repairs to distribution systems
- Locate buried copper and fiber optic cabling
- Record and report all record changes immediately
- Ensure that both he/she and all employees comply with proper safety standards/ procedures and work practices according to OSHA standards, Future Infrastructure and/or the customer, whichever standard is higher.
- Must be able to read, understand and update splice documentation and maps as required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- At least 2 years of experience with Fiber Terminations, Fusion Splicing and Testing in an ISP and OSP environment.
- Ideal candidate should also have experience as a fiber optic technician, fiber optic splicer, construction with fiber optic background, or fiber optic telecommunications.
- Clean & Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to travel throughout the Dallas / Fort Worth market.