Guest Services Specialist
- Job Title
- Guest Services Specialist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Guest Services Specialist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Guest Services Specialist:
- Greets persons entering establishment, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to their specific destination.
- Analyzes data to determine answers to questions from patients/guests and/or refers patients/guest to appropriate department for assistance.
- Provides information about establishment such as location of departments, employees/physicians within the organization and services clinics/offices provide.
- Maintains safe, clean and neat work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Knowledge of principles for providing customer service such as being attentive to patients/visitors needs and meeting quality of standards for great service.
- Understanding of locations of departments and various area within the facility
- Ability to interact with patients/visitors with various backgrounds
- Ability to utilize sound judgment in addressing the needs and concerns of a patient/visitor
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location
- Required Skills
High School Diploma or GED
Three (3) years of secretarial, administrative assistant or customer service experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.