BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Linux Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Linthicum Heights / Quantico,
- Other Location
Title: Linux Administrator
Location: Linthicum Heights, MD / Quantico, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: Metronome is looking for a DevOps Engineer. The ideal candidate believes in exploring alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions. The ideal candidate is passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
- Will significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open-source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/Cloud technology.
- Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications.
- Must understand software engineering fundamentals, OO programming, relational and time series databases, and scripting knowledge.
- Apply experience working within an AGILE software development life cycle, including requirements creation, sprint planning, and grooming, etc.
- Must have experience with Cloud related technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
- Must have prior experience with Distributed Computing and Big Data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Certifications to meet the DOD 8570 IAT certifications (i.e. Security+ or higher level).
- Experience with AWS is highly desired.
- Prior experience or familiarity with our Big Data Platform is a plus.
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is required. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills