- Job Title
- Landscape Architect
- Job ID
- Des Moines, IA 50322
- Other Location
Founded in 1959, Bishop Engineering continues to be centered on a strong work ethic and commitment to providing honest and knowledgeable service to our clients. We take pride in the fact that we have always been located in Urbandale and have had the opportunity to help shape communities in central Iowa through our involvement in various projects over the years. Although much has changed since the company’s founding, some things remain the same; Bishop is continually dedicated to giving our clients the highest quality of service needed to attain design success.
As a Landscape Architect with Bishop Engineering, you will work closely with project managers, clients, and senior landscape architectural staff on site plan design and development, rendered presentation graphics, planting plans, and construction administration (site reviews, submittal approvals, etc). At Bishop Engineering we encourage and support involvement in professional organizations, philanthropic opportunities, and community growth. We are an actively growing firm and look forward to adding talented outgoing staff to our pool of resources
- Conceptual layouts and construction plans of a wide range of projects including recreational facilities, streetscapes, schools, corporate sites, land subdivisions, and residential properties.
- Site analysis to identify both opportunities and challenges and relay relevant information throughout the design team allowing adjustment to necessary changes.
- Work on simultaneous projects and adjust to changing project needs depending on project type and scale.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited University.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Iowa climate, regional construction techniques/materials, state and city codes, guidelines, and regulations.
- Demonstrate proficiency with standard industry software (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites, etc)
- Previous experience with subdivision or private land development is preferred.
For additional questions on this role, please contact our recruiting team directly at (402) 290-6018 OR firstname.lastname@example.org