Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Patient Services Coordinator
- Job Title
- Patient Services Coordinator
- Job ID
- Saint George, UT
- Other Location
Position is with Gamma West Cancer Services located in Saint George, UT.
Job Purpose: The Patient Services Coordinator is the first point of contact for patients, and family members in the Comprehensive and Imaging centers.
· Provides training to new Patient Guides in all Imaging Centers.
· Serves as reference guide to all patient guides.
· Greet patients and families.
· Answer center telephones, distribute faxes, and prepare customer files.
· Schedule patient appointments.
Consults, Follow up appointments, Physicians appointments
Coordinates schedule with Urologists for Surgeries at Surgery Center
· Receive and correctly record receipts of patient payments.
· Enter, verify and update patient demographic and insurance information.
· Obtain insurance verifications (VOB), pre-authorizations and pre-determinations.
· Process requests for records from outside sources.
· Scan data into document imaging software.
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
· Communicates with Referring Physicians Offices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends), as necessary.
· Ability to type 40 wpm.
· Valid Driver’s license & reliable transportation.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Experience accessing and updating an EMR system.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Two years of office experience preferred.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.