BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Staffing & Operations Specialist
- Job Title
- Staffing & Operations Specialist
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
Title: Staffing & Operations Specialist
Location: San Diego
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities: The Staffing and Operations Specialist serves as a first line recruiter and liaison between assigned program/contract’s prime contractors, and customers. Priority is on execution of staffing existing and pending positions, working directly with the recruiting team to quickly staff open positions. Must be proficient in applying proprietary recruiting principles, company policies, and practices to fill a wide variety of difficult and complex requisitions. The main focus is on growth and retention in our Navy and San Diego market. Second priority is performing operations duties for existing and future Pulsers, as well as the ability to assist in the growth of existing programs or expanding to tangentially related work. The ideal employee is resourceful, creative-analytical thinker, and solution focused.
Management Tenets to achieve Inimitable Support to Pulsers and Customers
At all times, shall ensure the two main tenets of successful program/job execution are both followed and instilled in direct reports:
1. Respect – At all times shall operate with the utmost respect to customers, colleagues, and self to promote the purpose, core values, and mantra of Metronome.
2. Job Execution – The shall fully understand the roles and responsibilities of this position and execute and deliver on each duty and responsibility at both a high level and with high quality.
Tier 1 Duties and responsibilities – Recruiting Operations
- Drive the placement process and support assigned programs/contracts.
- Source, engage and qualify potential candidates for technical aptitude and soft skills.
- Manage candidate tracking in our database.
- Provide summary write-ups on candidate submissions to Lead Recruiter.
- Prepare resume submissions to clients.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews.
- Gather feedback and de-brief candidates after interviews.
- Perform candidate reference checks.
- Extend offers to potential hires and confirm commitment and start date.
- Anticipates and identifies customer needs, acts to meet customer needs, develops effective working relationships with customers, continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction.
- RELATIONSHIP/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Retains and profitably grows programs through proactive, solution focused management.
- Proactively manages customers’ satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
- Maintain communication and professional relationship with Program Managers and Customers, participating in weekly team meetings, managing candidate submission to program SharePoint portal, coordinating interviews, etc.
- Manage existing accounts and clients; identify new teaming opportunities.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships at the staffing management level.
- Work closely with Executive Director of Operations to proactively mitigate risk and address any staffing or performance concerns on assigned programs/contracts.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Follow up with mission objectives and prepare all required deliverables from Metronome HQ to ensure that assigned team-members actions are completed. (Example: Program Monthly Reviews, training requirements, forms, etc.).
- Performs additional task as assigned by the Executive Director of Operations and CGO.
- Leads special projects as assigned; including funded requisitions, new contract transitions, corporate projects including process improvement, or innovation initiatives.
- Serve as a main POC and Relationship Expert to Metronome employees, customer, and if applicable prime contractor PMO.
- Develops alternative strategies to address and resolve a variety of issues and problems.
- Leads regular meetings with team member to promote the dissemination of information and engagement.
- Oversee the Technical Exchanges/Teams for programs and all the major areas/duties the program supports.
- Teach, Coach Mentor employees to promote full compliance with position requirements.
- Apply your own knowledge, skills, and experience to current/active projects, by contributing information and recommendation.
- Analyze, review, and approve team timecards.
- Create a team culture where work can get done, success is celebrated, and your team is comfortable approaching you with questions and concerns.
- Drive BD and Capture for multiple prime and subprime opportunities.
- Ensure employees and Customers are the top priority.
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Embody our culture and values in all interactions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, quick learner, creative, and strategic thinker.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with possible option to telework. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear as well as stand for extended periods and sit for extended periods.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4. Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills