Technician - Welder
- Job Title
- Technician - Welder
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68138
- Other Location
Shift your career into high gear with NMC. As Nebraska’s CAT dealer, NMC has been serving its loyal Caterpillar customer base for over 80 years. Our employees are the cornerstone of our business and key to ensuring that our customers’ needs are met and they achieve success.
The Welder Technician is responsible for applying appropriate welding processes to build, test, trouble-shoot, repair and modify existing electronic and electrical equipment to join, surface and fabricate parts or metal or other weldable materials as specified by work order, blueprints or sketches.
- Repair broken and cracked parts, holes, etc. in machinery.
- Modify new and existing products to better service customer needs.
- Assist other technicians with technical issues and questions related to repair work performed.
- Prepare estimates and quotes for fabrication and welding repair jobs for sales and service.
- Maintain inventory of needed supplies for immediate use in various repair jobs.
- Order raw materials to fabricate parts via purchase orders.
- We are interested in knowing the nuts and bolts of who you are, so tell us about your proud moments and accomplishments that got you to where you are today.
- Tell us about your related experiences and training. What tools have you worked with?
- Let us know how your background aligns with this position’s responsibilities.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
At NMC, we will provide you with a different set of tools to help you advance your career:
- The People/Culture: You can expect to work with helpful, friendly and collaborative teammates. Our technicians drive our business and they operate in a trusting and flexible environment.
- Flexibility: At the end of the day, our home and families are what is most important. Our managers offer flexibility, so you never have to worry about choosing between work and family.
- Challenge/Opportunity: This is not a production environment. You will find new challenges and a variety of tasks every day. You get to choose your path and how you would like to grow.
- Brand: Our employees take pride in representing the #1 brand in construction equipment. Caterpillar has been rooted in our blood since we were children.
As a Nebraska-based company with more than 80 years in the equipment industry, NMC is focused on providing a comprehensive line of capital equipment solutions to the many industries we serve. Our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture. The NMC team is focused on enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative equipment solutions with a specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC takes pride in cultivating strong relationships with our customers and our talented professionals; these connections cultivate growth and success and they are truly the strength of NMC.
Our Values: Integrity, Relationships, Entrepreneurship, Excellence, Stewardship
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. NMC Group, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.