Senior Scientist, Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Job Title
- Senior Scientist, Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Job ID
- Boulder, CO
- Other Location
OnKure is looking for a highly motivated drug discovery scientist, with experience in biochemistry and cell biology, to help us create a robust pipeline of clinical drug candidates.
What You Will Achieve:
As a senior research biologist, you will play an essential role in the development, implementation and execution of tactics and strategy for generation of the biology data required to advance OnKure’s preclinical portfolio of novel cancer therapeutics. You will be a key member of a highly collaborative drug discovery team, with the opportunity to help guide and establish best practices and procedures in a new organization.
How You Will Achieve It:
- Provide expertise in the design and execution of in vitro biochemistry and cell-based assays experiments
- Work collaboratively with OnKure scientific leadership and with project teams at CRO collaborators
- Support outsourced work as well as in-house, hands-on lab-based work as needed, to meet project goals
- MS or PhD in biological sciences, with 5+ years of experience in oncology drug discovery in biotech or pharma
- Expertise in vitro biochemistry and cell biology
- Experience with high throughput assay development a plus
- Experience managing CROs preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and support several projects in parallel
OnKure, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of best-in-class precision medicines that target biologically validated drivers of cancer. Using its proven structure-based drug design approach, the Company is building a robust pipeline of tumor-agnostic candidates that are designed to achieve optimal tolerability and efficacy. OnKure is currently developing its lead clinical candidate, OKI-179, an oral, selective Class I HDAC inhibitor, for the treatment of both hematological and solid tumors.
To attract the very best talent, OnKure offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus opportunities, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), self-managed paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with company match. We operate on a flexible schedule that allows a combination of both in-office and home-based work.
Annual compensation range for this role, based on experience is $130,000-$190,000.
OnKure is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected factors.