Committed to Culture.
At Benefytt, we seek to create and grow a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion.
We strive to be a leader in those areas and hold our staff, management and business partners to the same high standards.
We expect that all Benefytt team members practice behaviors that seek to optimize our consideration of other's point of view, talents, and capabilities across all teams, functions, and business units.
Paralegal (Litigation Support)
- Job Title
- Paralegal (Litigation Support)
- Job ID
- Tampa, FL 33618
- Other Location
This Paralegal position will provide administrative support services and assist attorneys within the Legal team in all phases of litigation. It will be required to work efficiently both independently and collaboratively to meet time-sensitive deadlines and goals. This role will be expected to work in conjunction with all levels of the organization as well as externally as directed, to coordinate scheduling, meetings, and tasks with outside counsel and internal staff from various internal departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide professional legal support service to attorneys in the form of basic legal research, drafting of legal and business communications and general file management.
• Assist attorneys within the legal office in all phases of litigation.
• Maintain document files and file pleadings
• Coordinating and scheduling meetings with outside counsel and internal personnel from various internal departments
• Gather research data, such as statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes and documents.
• Gather documents and information from outside counsel, insurance carriers, and third parties
• Assist attorneys in the preparation for depositions, including the preparation of witness files and maintain deposition and exhibit files and indexes.
• Assist attorneys and coordinate with outside counsel in the paper and e-filing of pleadings and court documents.
• Handle general administrative cases and document requests received from outside counsel.
• Assist attorney with gathering documents and information for discovery requests
• Maintain computer databases and management of confidential records.
• Mail out, and draft, response letters
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
• Associates degree required; applicable Bachelor's degree preferred
• A Paralegal certificate from an accredited program is required
• 4+ years of litigation experience as a paralegal is required, with experience in the Health Insurance industry being greatly preferred
• Familiarity with Federal and Florida State Courts is required as well as familiarity in gathering litigation filings from state court dockets and PACER.
• Effective listening, verbal, and written communications skills, suitable for working with all levels of the organization and externally
• Track record of effective project coordination and timely submission of deliverables
• Demonstrable competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word, Excel and Power Point
• Knowledge of legal drafting tools/software/web resources is preferred
• Organized with the ability to handle the finest of details effectively
• Track record of attention to detail in professional settings or a record of performance in a paralegal program
• Effective time and project management skills as well as demonstrable research skills
• The ability to maintain confidentiality as prescribed by function and situation
Due to the nature of Benefytt Technologies, Inc. needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at
least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.