Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer
- Job ID
- Boston, MA
- Other Location
RxSense is a privately held health technology company whose mission is to make prescription drugs more affordable for everyone. We build technology platforms and data solutions that enable our customers to manage pharmacy benefits on behalf of their members, employees, or clients (e.g., health plans, employers, health systems, etc). RxSense also provides prescription benefit solutions directly to millions of people through its consumer brand, SingleCare. We have saved our customers over $4B on prescription medications since 2015.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, the company has experienced double-digit growth every year since its inception in 2015. The company has been recognized by Forbes as a Top Startup in 2020 and 2021 and recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies. Our team members have come from some of the country's most innovative and successful companies in healthcare and technology and together we have created a culture of opportunity, innovation, accountability, and trust. We are working together to solve big problems and create value in an industry that is personal for everyone - healthcare.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support a complex AWS cloud environment for a growing, fast-paced health care startup as part of a DevOps team
- Help maintain the underlying AWS infrastructure for all hosted applications and services, including EC2 instances (Windows and Linux), virtual networking, and AWS managed services such as RDS, S3, ES, and Lambda
- Work closely with the engineering teams to set up and maintain the continuous integration environment (Bamboo, Octopus, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Implement and support monitoring and alerting tools (both AWS tools and external tools such as Loggly and New Relic) for proactive responses to all technical issues
- Set up Linux and Windows EC2 instances to support the corporate computing and the application environments
- Configure load balancers, DNS, and related infrastructure to help our applications work
- Help manage Kubernetes cluster environments and deployment pipelines
- Help grow and champion infrastructure-as-code as we mature our DevOps practices
- Engineer creative solutions to challenging problems using AWS services and other modern technologies
- Write Terraform code to create infrastructure as needed and on demand
- Be available to support deployment and other off hours maintenance/on-call rotation
- Troubleshoot production issues as necessary
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- AWS experience, including security and identity, and managing AWS services like RDS, Elasticsearch, and Lambda
- Networking knowledge including DNS, security certificates, subnets, routing, VPC peering, and VPN setup
- Comfort in at least one scripting language such as Bash, Python, or Powershell
- CloudFormation or Terraform experience, and/or experience with other automation tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Linux experience is a plus, as is Windows administration
- Willingness and ability to learn technologies and tools quickly in order to take advantage of the latest technological advances in a fast-changing cloud environment
- Flexible, solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- AWS certifications are a plus