Senior Management Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Management Analyst
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
We have an immediate job opening for a Senior Management Analyst to support a project providing business case and business process analysis for the Department of Justice’s United States Marshals Service.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Assist in the planning, procurement, management, and execution of USMS Prisoner Operations Division’s (POD) operational technology projects.
- Manage stakeholder engagements inside and outside USMS, and document stakeholder requirements as they pertain to POD technology projects.
- Assist with technology evaluations using a Business Case Analysis (BCA) framework that culminates in a procurement recommendation.
- Conduct multiple BCA tasks to include Analyses of Alternatives, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, and Requirements Compliance Analysis.
- Coordinate on-site vendor technology demonstrations with technology companies in a manner consistent with FAR regulations.
- Design and test technology use cases to highlight operational efficacy and requirements compliance of products.
- Create project management briefings in MS PowerPoint that highlight milestones, schedule, recommendations, and status updates.
- Liaise with other USMS divisions and SMEs to collaborate on common project goals and deconflict overlaps of project scope.
- Conduct market research on technology hardware, software, and services that meet the operational needs of POD.
- Create and deliver briefs and presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels of the organization and answers questions.
- Develop cohesive understanding of current and future USMS systems by interpreting system documents such as process diagrams, business requirements, test plans, and functional requirements documentation.
- Assist clients with User Acceptance Testing, when called upon.
- Gather pertinent information and organize it in a logical and functional manner, distilling complex ideas into concise concepts.
- Collect functional requirements in the format of user stories and can translate those requirements effectively to solution developers.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 4+ years of consulting and / or directly relevant industry experience and / or educational training in related fields, such as: support program management and familiarity with issues, assistance with design issues, leading teams, analysis of project data, development of appropriate deliverables, and exposure to issues involving information technology and information technology in a law enforcement environment.
- Four years of experience with requirements documentation, market research, and project management.
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) to prepare documents and deliver presentations.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a focus on customer service and demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels across the organization to build successful relationships.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions; ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
- Must be flexible and able to thrive in a time-sensitive environment to meet strict deadlines with sudden and unpredictable needs with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) Public Trust T3 case type or higher (Secret, TS, etc.). Investigation closure date MUST be less than five years old.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Prior DOJ experience.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Product Owner.
- Familiarity with the federal prisoner lifecycle (Arrest, Booking, Sentencing, Designation, and Release).