Help Desk Technician (100% Remote)
- Job Title
- Help Desk Technician (100% Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Falcon is hiring immediately! Are you in the market for a new role? We will phone interview and hire this week. Start date is 2 weeks from the offer. Please review the job description(s) and compensation below. Reply today with an updated resume!
We are seeking multiple Help Desk Help Desk Leads & Technicians as part of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) User & Network Services (UNS)/Customer Service Support (CSS) provides Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) contract, supporting over 90,000 customers nationwide with expected growth to over 100,000 in the next year. ESD is the front door to all Information Technology services and requests, providing 24x7 service, 365 days of the year.
Other activities include:
• Attend meetings
• Participate in working sessions through IRS communication/ meeting tools or any online group collaborative tools available
• Since this is a telework position, all candidates must have high speed internet access.
• The positions are part of the ESD support team, providing remote support to UNS customers. The positions require proficiency of laptop and desktop computers and Operating Systems and hardware technologies and strong customer service skills, both orally and written.
• Proficient in applying, customer service and customer support principles and methods; systems installed in customer organizations; training methods; problem resolution databases; and troubleshooting and data analysis methods.
• Proficient in the remote installation of primary and peripheral computer software and hardware.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and resolving problems on desktop computers, laptop computers and/or applications or software for customers.
• Proficient in remote chat service delivery and knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of equipment configuration, operating systems, utility programs, software applications.
• Knowledge of business operations as related to service desk environment and systems.
• Fluent in English
• Demonstrable mastery of the English written language including spelling, composition, and grammar.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proactive, organized, with strong attention to accuracy and detail, and strong time management skills.
• Ability to work in a highly visible and high-pressure environment.
• ITIL v3 or v4 certification
Leads: 5 to 7 years of relevant experience (managing 8 technicians)
Technicians: 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
• High School Diploma
Please note these are contract to hire positions and the pricing below are maximums.
**The Help Desk Lead position will require proven experience supervising / leading a team of 8 help desk technicians.**
Team Lead Role: 6 month temp period offers $33.hr 1099 / $30.hr W2 (no benefits) with a conversion salary of $64,000 w/ full benefits.
Help Desk Technicians: 6 month temp period offers $21.hr 1099 / $19.hr W2 (no benefits) with a conversion salary of $47,000 w/ full benefits.