Security Incident Response Consultant (CIRT)
- Job Title
- Security Incident Response Consultant (CIRT)
- Job ID
- Work From Home,
- Other Location
About the Role
As the Cyber Security Incident Response Consultant, you will deliver consulting services as part of the Incident Response Service (IR) line (Ransomware Preparedness, IR Program Development, IR Readiness Exercises) offered by CynergisTek, and will be a Subject Matter Expert to clients to help them achieve their incident response business goals. You’ll work with people from different organizational units in both the public and private sectors focusing on cyber resilience strategy across the organization as it pertains to incident response.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a background in various industries such as Healthcare, Financial, Retail, etc. You will be seen as business enabler with the ability to an influence and be confident and prepared to influence the business strategically. You must be confident with educating the board top down and the executive team about cyber resilience problems to be mitigated and its business imperative.
Candidate Skills Include
- Knowledge of cyber-attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Skills of identifying, capturing, containing, and reporting malware.
- Skill in preserving evidence integrity according to standard operating procedures or standards.
- Skill in performing damage assessments.
- Skill in using security event correlation tools
- Skill to design incident response for cloud service model.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in cybersecurity
- One or more: Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CERT-CSIH), EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (E|CIH), Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE)
- 7+ years’ experience in various incident response roles
- Working knowledge in security framework best practices such as NIST CSF
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.
CynergisTek is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. EOE/M/F/D/V.
CCPA Privacy Notice