Manager, Technical Support
- Job Title
- Manager, Technical Support
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA 30328
- Other Location
EarthLink, a leading provider of internet services, is looking for a Manager of Technical Support to add to our growing Sales & Service Team.
The Manager of Customer Technical Support is responsible for managing and improving EarthLink’s existing customer technical support program. This program will leverage existing tools and processes and will be customized to meet the needs of our customers. The person in this role will partner with multiple internal teams (Product, Marketing, Consumer Customer Support, IT, etc.) and external partners (Call Center, Product, Network, Tools, etc.) to ensure we design and deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies.
- Define user requirements, establishing technical specifications, production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Contribute information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Develop processes & training to provide Installation Services, Technical Support, Customer Service and Retention for Customers.
- Oversee Call Center Partners to hire, train and onboard new agents.
- Manage quality and performance metrics to optimize customer experience.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure effective communications & superior customer experiences.
- Forecast and budget for call center resources.
- Must have experience managing outsourced call center partners and driving performance through standard call center processes and metrics.
- Experience with Internet/telecommunications and Digital Marketing technologies
- Understanding of technical aspects of a stand-alone email product; use of webmail, email clients
- Knowledge of web hosting technology a plus
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the ability to:
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Monitor and measure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Be results oriented, pay attention to detail, have a positive attitude, and communicate effectively.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field plus five years of experience in a call center management role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, Outlook and other generally used business tools. Knowledge of Service Now/Service Desk Plus required; competency in complex Decision Trees is needed.
Once you have applied, please follow the link below to complete our Culture Survey Index, as part of the recruitment process. This survey takes approximately 7-10 minutes and provides us with data measuring seven work-related traits.
- There is no pass or fail.
- There are no correct or incorrect answers.
- Only work-related behaviors are measured.
- It cannot determine age, race, gender, or religion.
Please note: This is not a remote position, although we are currently working remotely due to the ongoing pandemic. This person must be able to commute to our Sandy Springs office when it is safe to do so. Out-of-state candidates will not be considered.