Careers at RxSense
Our culture is more than a set of values, principles and promises. It’s the dynamic embodiment of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re headed tomorrow.
Senior Software Architect
- Job Title
- Senior Software Architect
- Job ID
- Remote; Office locations in West Palm Beach, SLC and Boston, MA
- Other Location
Senior Software Architect
RxSense is a privately held health technology company whose mission is to make prescription drugs more affordable for everyone. We build technology platforms and data solutions that enable our customers to manage pharmacy benefits on behalf of their members, employees, or clients (e.g. health plans, employers, health systems, etc). RxSense also provides prescription benefit solutions directly to millions of people through its consumer brand, SingleCare. We have saved our customers over $4B on prescription medications since 2015.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, the company has experienced double-digit growth every year since its inception in 2015. The company has been recognized by Forbes as a Top Startup in 2020 and 2021 and recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies. Our team members have come from some of the country's most innovative and successful companies in healthcare and technology and together we have created a culture of opportunity, innovation, accountability, and trust. We are working together to solve big problems and create value in an industry that is personal and impactful for everyone – healthcare.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Architect who will design, produce and implement functional software solutions in a fast-paced organization where the technology is the product. This position requires high attention to detail, self-initiative, the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment, excellent organization and problem-solving skills, and the ability to build productive, cross-functional working relationships. In this role, you will design and develop software solutions within a cloud-based, microservices architecture using leading-edge technologies including C#, Golang, Java, .NET, and Visual Studio.
- Create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team
- Support the transformation of the technology architecture to support the company growth plans, building scalable platform solutions as well as building and customizing best in class software products
- Partner with the product team to create and manage epic and sprint schedules for the development and deployment of all significant projects based on resources, dependencies, and requirements; instill a culture of urgency while not sacrificing code confidence and product quality
- Produce, test and debug code
- Define the technical footprint and architecture; build and execute on the architecture plans in an efficient manner to build a best-in-class user and customer experience
- Apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of technology strategy, software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common technology and company goals
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers, including code review
- Lead by example to foster a team culture conducive to innovation, high productivity, and high quality in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- BS or MS in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 6 years experience developing web applications with a popular, strongly typed, general purpose programming language like C#, Golang or Java
- Mastery of C#, .NET, Visual Studio, Vue, MVC or demonstrable skills in another equivalent stack
- Experience using RESTful web services with the WebAPI framework
- Proficiency with relational databases like MySQL or SQL Server and performance tuning
- Experience with agile software development practices, integration and release methodologies; Good mix of architecture and development skills
- Track record of successful collaboration required
- Snowflake experience is a plus
- Experience building B2B SaaS products and B2C content and data marketplace a plus
- Self-motivated person with a natural curiosity for learning new things
- Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to take complicated technical concepts and talk about them in a way that non-technical business partners can understand
- Accomplished problem solver; ability to see the big picture and find multiple paths for accomplishing an objective
- Critical thinker who can evaluate the pros and cons of an approach considering risk, quality and business value then make a good decision
- Strong work ethic with an innate drive to get things done
RxSense believes that a diverse workplace is a smarter and more creative workplace. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.