Clinical Nursing Administrator
- Job Title
- Clinical Nursing Administrator
- Job ID
- Washington DC, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Nursing Administrator who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Clinical Nursing Administrator:
- Provides leadership, coordination, and management of personnel, and assumes responsibility for hospital administrative functions Monday through Friday when management/administration is not in-house and 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
- Maintains efficient utilization of nursing resources, working collaboratively with unit leadership, charge nurses and non-clinical departments to evaluate current and potential staffing concerns.
- Coordinates patient placement, the admission status process, and the facilitation of direct admissions during routine and surge situations.
- Interprets administrative/departmental policy and procedures for all personnel and acts as an administrative liaison, clinical resource, and role model for staff.
- Responsible for triaging operational issues or clinical areas of concern and alerting the Administrator On-Call (AOC), when needed.
- Assists in the resolution of issues relating to physicians, patients, families, and staff and perform investigations pertaining to incidents/occurrences during their shift as well as reporting to the on-call leadership team.
- Participates in hourly rounding and ensures compliance of same. Ensures that services are provided within the philosophy and objectives as well as the policies and procedures of HUH. Functions as a role model demonstrating customer service skills, appropriate appearance, and overall professional demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited school; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years hospital-based nursing experience.
- 3+ years of nursing leadership experience in a hospital setting.
- Current Registered Nurse License for the District of Columbia.
- BLS certified.
- PALS certified.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited school; Master’s degree preferred.
5 years hospital-based nursing experience.
3+ years of nursing leadership experience in a hospital setting.
Current Registered Nurse License for the District of Columbia