Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for general ledger coding and processing AP transactions accurately and timely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Accurate invoice processing for multiple locations
· Vendor record compliance and maintenance
· Review of proper general ledger coding and approvals to invoices
· Ensure invoices and related spend are according to company policies and procedures
· Ensure invoices have been properly requisitioned and approved
· Process check runs in a timely manner
· Process all invoices by due dates, utilizing discount opportunities for early payment
· Respond timely to vendor, management, patient and investor inquiries
· Research invoice discrepancies
· Assist accountants with month end expense accruals
· Develop and maintain relationships with vendors
· Correctly, legibly and accurately scan data with Doc-Link
· Assist with data collection for preferred vendor spend analysis
· Preparation of annual 1099s
· Develop / follow processes and procedures that improve efficiencies and reduce costs
· Assist staff accountants as available
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary.
· Minimum of 3 years prior accounts payable / general ledger coding experience.
· Working knowledge of basic MS Excel
· Background with multi-facility AP processing in healthcare.
· Microsoft Solomon accounting software experience.
· Ability to type 40 wpm
· Working knowledge of basic accounting terminology
Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.